Try a new activity, safely push yourself and increase your chance of success on a particular objective.
I provide guiding for people of any level of ability and will ensure what we do is pitched at the right level for you. The guiding I provide will involve training as well as coaching of your existing skill set. You’ll have fun, gain competency and build confidence.
Every person and objective on a given day is unique, but some examples of guided trips are:
- Sea stacks and cliffs of NW Scotland
- Isle of Skye rock climbing and scrambling
- Mixed climbing in the Cairngorms
- Snow and ice climbing on Ben Nevis
- Rock climbing in the Llanberis pass
- Sea-cliff climbing at Gogarth
- Slab climbing in the slate quarries
- Scrambling in Snowdonia
As a climber tuned in to the conditions with knowledge of the best venues, I can guarantee to make the most of your time. Whether you’re looking for a single day, long weekend or a week trip I’m keen to hear about your ideas and objectives; dont hesitate to get in touch.
Training and Coaching
Acquiring new skills, breaking performance barriers and gaining independence are outcomes realised when we engage in a methodical learning process.
I provide training and coaching that puts you and your needs at the centre. We’ll test out theories, re-mould habits and pick up new ones. You should be prepared to be challenged, to think hard and have a laugh along the way.
Clients have used my services in training and coaching to:
- Transition; indoor – rock, sport – traditional, single – multi pitch
- Learn to get more fun from climbing
- Coach young people through NICAS schemes
- Overcome a grade barrier
- Learn to use the climbing wall as a training tool
- Learn to lead climb
- Learn to scramble
- Manage a fear of falling
- Access serious places (eg sea cliffs, mountain crags)
- Gain problem solving and emergency rope skills (eg escaping, ascend a rope)
- Learn to navigate
- Gain winter mountain walking skills (eg avalanche awareness, cramponing)
- Learn to climb harder in the winter
- Gain technical winter mountaineering skills (eg rope work, steeper terrain)
I work with big spectrum of clients, from total beginners to seasoned performers. If one of these examples chimes with you or you’re after something else you think I can provide, please get in touch.
Photography and Access
I have experience providing technical support and training in the photography and film industry. I enjoy the challenge of access presented by rock and mountain environments and find my interest in photography and film gives me a useful perspective.
Services I offer in photography and access are:
- Technical access and safety cover
- Technical access training
- Safety and skills training for remote/vertical environments
Previous projects have involved:
- Access and safety cover for the film industry
- Outdoor brand advertising
- Photography and writing in climbing media (eg Great Sea Cliffs of Scotland, Category Winner UKC Photo Awards)
With the exception of one of two photos of me, I’ve produced all of the media on this site. The gallery page features some of my recent photos and films.
If you think I can assist you with your own project, don’t hesitate to get in touch.