I provide climbing guiding for people of any level of ability. I’ll ensure what we do is pitched at the right level for you. The guiding I provide will involve training as well as coaching of your existing skill set. You’ll have fun, gain competency and build confidence.
Every person and objective on a given day is unique, but some examples of guided trips are:
- Sea-cliff climbing at Gogarth or Pembroke
- Slab climbing in the Llanberis slate quarries or Tremadog
- Scrambling in mountains of Snowdonia
- Sea stacks and cliffs of NW Scotland
- Isle of Skye rock climbing and Cuillin Ridge scrambling
- Mixed climbing in the Northern Cairngorms
- Snow and ice climbing on Ben Nevis
As a climber tuned in to the conditions and with knowledge of the best venues, I can guarantee to make the most of your time. Whether you’re looking for a single day, long weekend or a week trip I’m keen to hear about your ideas and objectives; dont hesitate to get in touch.
Training and Coaching
Acquiring new skills, breaking performance barriers and gaining independence are outcomes realised when we engage in a methodical learning process.
I provide training and coaching that puts you and your needs at the centre. We’ll test out theories, re-mould habits and pick up new ones. You should be prepared to be challenged, to think hard and have a laugh along the way.
Some example objectives would be:
- Transition your climbing; indoor – rock, sport – traditional, single – multi pitch
- Overcome a grade barrier
- Learn to use the climbing wall as a training tool
- Learn to lead climb
- Learn to scramble
- Manage a fear of falling
- Access serious places (eg sea cliffs, mountain crags)
- Gain problem solving and emergency rope skills (eg escaping, ascend a rope)
- Gain winter mountain skills (eg avalanche awareness)
- Learn to climb harder in the winter
I work with big spectrum of clients, from total beginners to seasoned performers. If one of these examples chimes with you or you’re after something else you think I can help with, please get in touch.